Alligators AplentyFebruary 26, 2017
World Environment Day 2017May 30, 2017
New Books from Old
We can create print on demand editions of your out-of-print books, even when there is no electronic file.
If you are the author and have permission from the original publisher, we can re-publish, print, market and distribute your out-of-print book.
The process requires expertise but is surprisingly inexpensive. Here 's what we do:
- We scan the book to create a high resolution PDF file of each page.
- Our designer then processes the scanned pages to remove blemishes and print artefacts.
- With the individual pages cleaned, we load all of the pages into our publishing software to build the book. We use special printing software and algorithms to create a print-ready interior book file. We often replace page headers and page numbering to give the book a modern look.
- We allocate and register a new International Standard book Number (ISBN) and add the Cataloging-in-Publication entry to the book file to create the new edition.
- We create a cover for the book, usually with a new look and to include the new ISBN and barcode.
- We create the new title with the distributor and order a print proof for author review.
Once the proof has been cleared we can approve the title and place the book with the international online booksellers.
Talk to us about re-birthing your out-of print book.